Thursday, June 10, 2010

HeroesCon 2010

No comic strip this week, as I've been recovering from the awesome craziness that was HeroesCon! It is easily my favorite convention of the year and I strongly suggest placing it on your schedule for 2011. I did not have a booth (maybe next year), but spent the weekend visiting with various fans and pros and the subject of Invisible Scarlet came up quite a bit. I think there's some real interest in this character not only from the folks who remember her, but by those just learning about her as well. I would like to thank Shelton Drum, the hard working con staff, and all the guests and attendees for a wonderful weekend!

Of course, I did not come home empty handed! I always try to get at least one sketch of Scarlet at each convention I attend. The piece below is by Stephanie Gladden, artist with many years of experience drawing licensed characters (Looney Tunes, Ren & Stimpy, Wolf & Red, The Simpsons, Powerpuff Girls, and many Cartoon Network characters). Most recently, she pencilled Paul Dini's Jingle Belle in her last couple of adventures. Please visit her website for more information.


Love her take! To view visions of Scarlet by other artists, feel free to check out my gallery.

Speaking of conventions, I will be a guest at SciFi Summer Con this Saturday at the Crown Plaza NW at Powers Ferry in Atlanta, GA. I'm expected to be on a comics panel and possibly a few others. Will Scarlet come up in the discussion? Well, she did venture into outer space at least once (kinda sorta)! In any case, I look forward to seeing you there!

No comments: